James Earl Jones Theatre
James Earl Jones Theatre Digital Marquee
The Shubert Organization dedicated and revealed the renamed James Earl Jones Theatre, formerly known as the Cort Theatre. The name change is part of a massive $47 million restoration and expansion project that includes a new façade-mounted LED display system from SNA Displays.
Originally an old vaudeville theatre that opened in 1912, the James Earl Jones Theatre was designed to look like an eighteenth-century French palace. In addition to the new digital signage, highlights of the restoration project include a refurbished façade, a grand staircase, modernized rigging, and new seating to enhance comfort and accessibility. The improvements will allow the theatre to present more modern and technically challenging productions.
SNA Displays manufactured the LED screen on the building’s refurbished façade using its 8 mm pixel pitch EMPIRE™ Exterior line of video display products. Each face is 15'9" high by 8'5" wide (600 x 320 pixels) and protrudes from the building’s façade in a triangle shape with a 69-degree angle.
Going Sign Company provided installation services for the LED display.
For more information, see SNA Displays’ news release about the James Earl Jones Theater.
About The Schubert Organization
The Shubert Organization is America’s oldest professional theatre company and the largest theatre owner on Broadway. Since the dawn of the 20th century, Shubert has operated hundreds of theatres and produced hundreds of plays and musicals both in New York City and throughout the United States. Shubert currently owns and operates 17 Broadway theatres, six off-Broadway venues, and the Forrest Theatre in Philadelphia. Learn more at shubert.nyc.